Sunday 20 October 2013

foods that can help sleep


From research I have done looking for ways to help me sleep at night, when I was pregnant with my kids and then again now, this is what I have found, and this is from my searches, not all from medical advice, so remember i'm not a doctor, but I've only done my own research, but when you want to sleep, or sleep better, why not when it's food, and a natural way!

Here are some ideas to try, see if they work for you, considering everyone is different:
Walnuts, Almonds the protein, to maintain sugar levels
Tea: Decaf tea, especially chamomile, and green tea works best (oh Green tea also helps fight off colds and flus)
Miso soup: the way it works in your body with melatonin is what I read
Bananas: for their magnesium and potassium, there is also something in the banana that works with melatonin
Milk: stress reduction (dairy in general will do this so yogurt or cheese as well)
Oatmeal: all the vitamins aid in sleep but watch the sugar, and hey top it with a banana!
Hard cooked egg: good for the protein and the type of protein
Endamme: Helps if your in menopause
Cherries: have helped people with insomnia
Cereal: the complex carbs in cereal helps aid sleep
Pretzels/ Corn Chips: works with your blood sugar to help you sleep
HOney: helps with your blood sugar
kale, leafy greens
fish
hummus


Sent that helps sleep, and relax: Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment