Friday 28 September 2012

a bit about me

I joined weight watchers Jan 13, 2011 and originally joined the Wednesday morning group which i joined because i was on Maternity leave and brought my daughter. I sometimes went to Thursdays as well. I had made this choice to join because my daughter was born August 2012 and I had an open incision for 3 months with 4 infections all in the first month of her birth. I got tired of hearing my son say mommy come do this with me and telling him i can't in the first 3 months of her birth. Then when I got released from nursing care where I could start taking physical measures as well to get healthy I started thinking about what I could do. I signed up for classes at breithaupt centre and at the same time they started I joined weight watchers.
Instantly I wanted to quit the class I signed up for and knew i would regret wasting the money so I stuck it out, and saw progress in my weight, and health! Now It is September 2012 and I have lost 92 lbs with weight watchers and 107 lbs since my daughter was born August 15, 2010. I am now doing 2-3 zumba classes a week at studio fuzion. I also run 4-6 times a week. I also have a very physical job too where I receive heavy orders in. I used to drag through them, needing help and now the only time i ask for help is when i am under time constrants or too many demands being put on me at once. I have seen an increase in my strength and flexibility. I have made some friends with weight watchers who are a very postive encouragement in my life, who provide good support- the Friday group is like none other. Oh! I joined them because of my work schedule, I kind of fell into that group because of the way my boss scheduled me. So I could get out of most weekends, I only have to work Friday nights, unless I request vacation time! I think it's a pretty good deal considering it's retail. However, this week i have a 6 day week, because tomorrow, well i guess today, because it's 12:45 am we are holding an event at our store from 10-2:30 to benefit St. Mary's Cardiac Care Centre I planned!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. So we had a winner of $24 on the 50/50 draw. I think corporate should have planned our 2 day sale for sat/sun to coincide with the start of tree of life, i had no idea what the sales plan was when i scheduled this, but hey! Our store still has 4 Oktoberfest tickets for October 11 to be raffled off at the end of my shift Monday, and 2 Kitchener Ranger Tickets to be raffled off before the start of my shift on Friday. So if you are interested, all you have to do is donate $5 at the Forest Glen Shoppers before Oct 1/ 5 and you get your choice of entry, donate $10 and you get 2 entries and so on. So in a couple sales today i got over $50 in fundraising. I had to run on cash for a bit, and my store manager donated to me!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete